AAH maintains a volunteer Advisory Committee composed of individuals who act as spokespersons as well as guide the direction and future activities of AAH.
AAH fosters in-person communities by:
- hosting national-level AAH conferences regularly
- organizing regional AAH events at Center for Inquiry branches
- supporting local affiliate groups by promoting local events, facilitating communication among leadership, and
- providing online organizing materials, among other resources
- creating new AAH campus and community groups across the country
- organizing AAH meet-ups at national conferences hosted by allied organizations
AAH helps to build community online by:
- maintaining an online AAH discussion forum
- hosting an AAH blog and an article repository
- sending out an AAH e-mail newsletter regularly with relevant news, events, and announcements
- utilizing social media, including Facebook and Twitter, to connect people.